Monday, November 9, 2009

Week Six

Week Six dealt with distance learning and technology.

ED Tech Focus on K-12 had a number of articles about managing (or trying to) online content.  I found the Fundyk article informative in that it deals with user created content concerns, agency exposure and guidelines, management advice.  What was interesting to me was the tone of the article:  risk is to be expected, it can be managed, and don't forget to assist and support your content providers.  Fundyk almost, but not quite, infers that online content is the goal, followed by assistance and support for content providers, and oh, yeah, it might be risky.  This seems to be new paradigm thinking.

We talked about the Kelsey and D'Souzo article in class and I continue to wonder if Homberg and Moore's Theoretical Framework for Didactic Conversations is pre or post paradigm?

Regarding ethics, like leadership, it has to start with me (awareness, proper modeling, and accountability) and spread to the team.  Hey, sounds like constructivist leadership accountability . . .

Like my other colleagues, I'm getting busy with the readings, term papers, preparation for classes, life, family, and work.  I'm learning to balance and prioritize.  Notice I did not say prioritize correctly, that will be an important second step.

Team #3 is making strides with the project.  Still a work in progress.  We find we talk more through email, text messages, and cell phones than the wiki ...

Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment